- Where are they going – SNF, LTAC, home, etc
- Any d/c needs?
- MDR, case manager social worker
- You should know who is being discharged on each day
- Lap chole – uncomplicated. Has family, a ride, a home etc. POD3. Pain. Narcotic scripts need to be signed by R3 electronically and then on the paper script.
- Instructions – get the smartphrases.
- 1 week f/u for wounds, staples, drains
- F/u TBD by NP/coordinator
- DC summary – quick HPI about why they were there. Helpful for PCP or if they are readmitted
- Do it in this order: scripts, f/u, d/c instructions, d/c summary
- Discharge order too
Page Updated: 06.18.2018